Bright sunshine today - pretty well all day! Had forgotten the sky could be blue. Not terribly cold either - amazing!
Got in a couple of loads of washing (make hay, and do the laundry while the sun shines!) and split some firewood which was nice and dry on the sunny side of the stack - that is now indoors and keeping us warm for the evening.
I have spend the day trying to keep track of Seb's movements. He is a terrible food thief I have to say - six eggs out of a carton (and not a skerrick to show where they went to) and the plastic bin with the cornbread muffins stored in it was opened without harm to the container, and each muffin neatly eaten out of its paper base without tearing the paper - I should be grateful he does it neatly I suppose. Not sure how you can train a dog out of that. It's not as if he is starving.
Clearly when and if I get hens again, their run and nesting area will have to be Seb-proof for sure.
Got a letter from my insurance company today which always makes me nervous. But it was a lovely letter from the person who I usually talk to when I call. She has resigned and is going back to the mainland as her husband is dying of cancer and they have family there. I will be sad to see her go - she knows me and my house and my pets and has given remarkably good personal service over the years. I will be sending her an email as soon as I get off here.
No comments:
Post a Comment