I am struggling to believe that it reached 10 degrees today - feels more like five - and that was in the warmer moments. The mist loitering around the hills probably had a lot to do with the chill factor.
The Bank had failed to leave its heating system on overnight (something I am usually glad of since they seem to set it on 30 degrees most of the time) and it was uncomfortable cold working there this morning despite a thick jumper. I turned on the heating while I was there then turned it off as I left.
Then I had a couple of hours to fill in as I had an appointment with Workskills at 11:00. So I popped round to Roberts's where it was rumoured they had some pallets to give away, collected four of them for the Garden (I would have collected more but still had stuff in the back of the ute from the Garden workshop that I had forgotten was there) and delivered them to the Garden to be put to use next week, then parked outside Workskills to play on FB for a while. Was interrupted in my meditations by Eleanor wanting to repeat her usual grievances about Council and other such matters before heading in to see them. No good news on that front, but that is hardly surprising I guess.
Home to walk the dogs and settled in in front of the newly lit fire waiting for things to warm up. They have by now, but it took a remarkably long time.
I heard back from the suppliers and it seems my pump has been discontinued (and a bloody good thing too as it was a piece of rubbish), but fitting a new pump will require considerable fiddling that lies outside my expertise, so I am stuck with getting a plumber in, if he ever gets back to me.
Still, at least I have hot water.
No comments:
Post a Comment