The weather has been horrid for some time, so I descended into a knitting frenzy, finishing the jumper I started three weeks ago - sorry to have alarmed you - I suspect you are going to have to get used to this!
This is more of the wool I picked up at bargain prices several years ago and have sat looking at ever since.
Progress was severely impeded on Thursday when the remote control for the telly stopped working. I replaced the batteries to no avail, so had no option but to get a universal control. Ransacking the local shops failed to produce a result, so, since I had one or two other things on my list of 'things to do when I go to Hobart next' I headed south.
Got home and put the batteries in the new control and it didn't work either. So I headed back to Oatlands, bought new batteries, and voila, the old control works too. I will keep the new one as a spare. Sigh.
The last three days, on the other hand, have been glorious. Sunshine (albeit severe overnight frosts) and still. Loads of washing dry (though not quite put away) and a couple of days out in Oatlands.
They had 'organised' a whole town celebration, but forgot to mention it to local traders (so typical!). A local farmer has a team of bullocks which he harnessed to a wool cart, and took it down the High Street, to the Park near the Mill where an astonishingly large collection of horse/ox drawn vehicles were on display. Various traditional crafts were also on display, a farrier, shearer with hand clippers, spinners, weavers, knitters, sewers, lacemaking, leatherwork and lacemaking - it was all there.
Here's the wool cart, looking very picturesque with the Georgian buildings in the background, and the team looked most impressive (though gardeners, profitted from their presence due to various prolonged stops along the way.
The local Market was also on today, though nothing tempted me.
I am afraid this knitting business will make me a little less reliable on line in future, so don't fret. The weather goes to custard again from tomorrow afternoon, so I expect I will be busy!



The bullock cart is very impressive, but so is your knitting!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous jumper!!!!
ReplyDelete