Today was spent building the first two courses of the retaining wall. Somehow the silly girl at K&D got confused and sold me 8 metres of walling instead of the four I asked for. Turns out it was a good thing as I was able to complete the lower wall. Not quite as it happens as I realised as I was building it that a bit of additional retaining would be a good idea for the longevity of the pipes running down to the Septic. So I now have a nice serpentine retaining wall, with nothing behind it. It occurred to me that it would be good to incorporate a drainage pipe for the rainwater tank, and from there I moved onto the idea of having a small rock-lined depression for it to empty into so overflow water could seep more slowly into the ground in wet weather.
It also creates a little semi-enclosed part of the yard which I think I will plant into a copse of natives as I already have a native hop and a sheoak into it. Later. It will enhance privacy from her next door as well as giving frogs a place to live. I'm rather pleased with the result. photos later, for obvious reasons.
Sound great! Looking forward to pics when you can!
ReplyDelete