My morning was once again disrupted by the TasNetworks team parking across the entrance so they could prune the neighbours' trees. Once again I went out and pointed out the desirability of asking if they could do so and providing me with an opportunity to get the ute out before they did so. Once again they failed to apologise. Once again I called their headquarters who assured me they would call back 'shortly' and once again I am still waiting. Time for a letter to the Mercury I think. Grrr.
Thus disrupted I failed to grab a jacket or change into a warmer jumper before going into the History Room. Not that the weather (forecast or fact) showed any indication it was going to go to custard, but it did. So despite having all the relevant parts for the spinning wheel it was too darn cold to be mucking around out the back.
I did get a large sheet of card and, having printed out my ballerinas, cut them out and traced around the outline onto the card. And that's about as far as I got on that one as I could not decide whether to use pastels or watercolour pencils. I think the latter, and will play with them on Thursday. I also picked up a garden tap from Roberts (which will be re-used on the bottom tank later in the renos so is not a wasted purchase. I also decided that some crystals on fishing line will be a good idea to represent the drips from the tap.
I had two sets of visitors today - one to say hello to someone who was not there, and the other two to seek directions and advice on road conditions on the Interlaken Road (several times, despite me saying i had not been out that way since i was a girl).
Also had a call from I-Select which is a service that helps you find the cheapest option for NBN connections (free service - the provider pays). They told me we had two choices here - Telstra or Dodo. Telstra offers 100gig at 24 gps for $80. Dodo offers unlimited download for $59.90 per month. Both on a two year contract. Guess which one I opted for.
Home once again to find further evidence of neighbours' chooks in the back yard (despite a week of asking them to lock them up). I have given them till Thursday to sort out their act of explain themselves to Council yet again, but as usual they are going to force my hand. I have no idea what they imagine they are 'proving' by their unhelpful approach.
Knitting is progressing slowly but surely.
No comments:
Post a Comment