My lovely new espresso machine has been leaking rather alarmingly for some time now, with the result I have had to have a sponge and basin on hand whenever making a cuppa to avoid flooding. I have been putting off dealing with it, as to do so would require finding the receipt which could be anywhere, including the local tip. But on Thursday night I was clearing out the clutter in my wallet and I found it! Amazing stuff. Turned out that today was the anniversary of the purchase, so a trip to Hobart was inevitable. I did it yesterday since I had nothing better to do, and returned triumphant with a new machine (different brand). I had girded up my loins because we hear so many bad stories about Harvey Norman, but the lad was lovely. First he took it off me and tested it and told me it didn't leak for him. I asked him if he had tried to make a cup of coffee, and he discovered the truth of my tale (I was fairly sure it was a seal that was failing under pressure). Turns out a little seal was missing in action, so rather than requiring me to wait weeks while they sent off for a replacement one, they simply gave me a new machine. I demurred at first as I was unsure how this would affect my warranty if the new machine failed also, but it's all OK! So a lovely new machine, and I made my first cuppa this morning. Will have to get used to its peculiarities and since I had little milk in the house, perfecting the frothing will have to wait till tomorrow morning, but I am a happy camper.
I decided to use the trip to also call in to see the chaps who designed and quoted on the shed for me, so see what the process is. Turns out that despite me specifically asking them to quote for slab and construction, they only gave me the price for the kit. Eeek. The difference is rather alarming, so I will ask around a few other suppliers. They do, however offer an excellent service which is good. Since i am still waiting to find out a price for the roof (apparently 'Thursday' is a bit like the last plumber's 'week or so', and have yet to get a costing on the painting of the house, I will have to once again defer a decision due to having to factor in a rather greater expense than anticipated.
Meanwhile I had two cottages to deal with today, and on my way home by a slightly circuitous route spotted an open house at the old police residence next door to the Gaol in Oatlands. It is a rather cute weatherboard 1920s cottage, and is a bit of a tardis once you get inside, with four bedrooms, a nice open plan kitchen and comfortably sized loungeroom (bathroom and laundry out the back also quite large). The key feature is a spacious scullery off the kitchen with original shelving. It is up for auction, but no guide price given. I might trot along to the auction and make a cheeky low bid and see what happens.
I am feeling a bit off colour at the moment - nothing serious, just tired without any major exertion.
The NBN chappie had some great offers - 25gps download speeds, 100Gb limit, for half the price I am presently paying for 15Gb and next to no download speed! Now I have to use my present crappy service to find out what other service providers have on offer. The good news is that I have a line-of-sight to the tower from the skillion, so can proceed even before the new roof is installed. Installation is apparently free! So excitement!!
No comments:
Post a Comment