Friday, January 18, 2013

Was up bright and early this morning to enjoy my day of cooler weather. As I was taking my morning constitutional (chasing the neighbours' sheep out of the yard after a passing driver drove them down my lane) I noticed it was actually surprisingly warm for 6:30 in the morning - I was right, it was 20 degrees - four degrees above the forecast maximum. But never mind, shortly after it fell to 12 and we had another go at staggering back up again. I think we might be fairly close now, but most of the day was grey, overcast and with just enough rain to discourage outdoor activities, but not enough to fill the tank. The cooler weather provoked me to split a bit of wood for the heater, but that effort appears to have been redundant as it is now quite warm, once more. Anyone planning to visit Tassie - when we warn you to dress in layers, remember this sort of thing and make sure you follow the advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment