Wednesday, January 23, 2013

This is the time of year when things get very confusing regarding the nature of bedding. It was 23 in the bedroom when I went to bed last night, so cotton sheet and not much else - this rapidly progressed to the two lightweight blankets being added and in desperation, the quilt was hauled over around 3ish. Woke at 4:30 wondering if there was anything else I could add to the bed without getting up. Checked the thermometer - zero outside... Somehow a sleeveless nightie just doesnt' cut it at this time of year. Quilting today and I took in the petit point I bought in NZ. Five hours later about a square centimetre has been completed. Glad I did it now - another six months and my eyesight won't be up to it. It should be pretty once it is done, though rather small... Came home to bottle the ginger beer - it is slowly dripping through the strainer at present - at this rate it will be tomorrow before it is all bottled and done as the process is depressingly slow. Not sure what to use in the strainer to get a faster action - at present it is calico. Before that it was paper serviettes (no progress at all) and layers of cheesecloth (too much action and too many holes so the sludge passed straight through... Suggestions welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment