Monday, January 21, 2013
I guess it will be a bit longer before I get to play with a dumpy level - today's session was less about surveying and more about statutory frameworks and 'interpretation' than anything else. Still, it was fun and I got to meet a few more folk on the dig. As the session was pitched at historical societies with ambitions to become Indiana Jones, much of it was glossed over and we were done by lunchtime. Even had a chance to fill in risk assessments and find out about photo logs.
I took this photo of the neighbour's latest attempt to contain their sheep. The foreground is the footpath on the street ...
I would offer to help them with time and materials. Trouble is, I have done this in the past, had my offer accepted, put my time on hold for several days waiting for them to call, and found I had wasted my time - they never did. Just as I once held their bantam hen penned for a week waiting for them to collect her before deciding she was better off rehoused elsewhere. I suspect that there is a large part of these people that likes to be the centre of community disapprobation so they can feel even sorrier for themselves than they do at present ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment