Thursday, January 24, 2013
Finally bottled the last of the ginger beer at around tennish last night - past my bedtime I am sorry to say. So this morning was a bit of a late start with a 6:30 waking. The night time temperature remains erratic and plunges to the bottom in the mornings, but not quite time to consider the stage one changes preparatory for winter, despite the autumnal hints offered by this nocturnal regime.
I went to the dig this morning and after three hours had to come home once more - I am so unfit that every muscle was spasming from squatting in the trench. Fortunately after a prolonged nap they have decided to simply ache. A few ibuprofen tonight should ensure I am still moving in the morning when I go back in to have another go.
I have just printed out a recipe book I found on line. It contains mainly quick recipes that do not involve terribly much effort but result in something tasty. Mainly based on pantry food (canned tomatoes, beans etc), so not for everyone unless they fancy adapting them to real food, which is what I will do when the opportunities exist. But very handy when I run out of inspiration and am starving as they can be thrown together in minutes. They come from a blog called stonesoup which has a range of other culinary offers as well.
Loud bleating in the back ground as a result of this evening's entertainment. I spotted one of the sheep standing watching something intently. Discovered it was watching its paddock mate at the far side of the run, sizing up the fence. The first sheep hopped over the fence with inches to spare. The second sheep then trotted over and took a couple of run-ups before joining its mate in the recreation ground. The third one seems to be balking at the fence, but keen to go and join its 'flock'. No sign of life next door - I suppose I should phone them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment