Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I cleared a spot on the table yesterday preparatory to being more involved in working from home. Smidgen seems to have concluded it was provided for his pleasure so he can watch the world go by (i.e. birds flying past the window) while being more comfortable than on the windowsill. Shadow, for reasons best known to himself, has concluded the bare concrete floor of the kitchen is more appealing than the comfy bed in front of the fire. YOu have to wonder why you bother at times... The fire is lit today as despite a forecast of 19 it barely staggered up to 14 before heading downhill once more. Outdoor activities were limited to tying CDs to the branches of the few remaining fruit trees that they have not completely ravaged (I discovered they are not that fond of cider apples, at least), and getting some shopping done. The dehydrator that I bought with great pleasure is being cleaned up to be taken to the Bargain Centre with a view to selling as it is far too noisy, presumably uses vast quantities of electricity while working for hours on end, and doesn't do that good a job anyway. I will have to look up that design Geir posted on ALS years ago and see if I can build something of that ilk (minus the fan as I am sure we get quite enough drafts around here). Sorted through the stash for some stuff to offer the 70+ lady who was burned out of her home and quilting memorabilia, to take to quilting tomorrow and otherwise just read a book. Last night's intended dinner is presently cooking on the woodburner - it should be rather tasty I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment