Wednesday, January 2, 2013

No photos today I am sorry - quilting day today! - I darned a hole in my favourite sheet and then moved on to a petit point embroidery, having realised if I leave it much longer I will be unable to see it to do it! Tomorrow and the following five days will be obscenely hot, so I plan to get out early tomorrow morning, finish the mowing, water the garden, spread some sheep poo and retreat indoors. I may even festoon the back windows with a sheet to reduce the radiant heat. We will see. It was nice to catch up with folk, and Caroline called in to collect a side table I thought she might like (she did) and admired my progress in rationalising the house. It's amazingly good to have a place for things to be put - I should have done it years ago. At this rate I might even be able to sustain a tidy house which will be the first time in a lifetime!! lol. I will see what I can manage in the way of pix tomorrow - the front garden (past its best but still going strong) and even (maybe) some internal shots so you can admire my tidying efforts. Mind you, to someone who does not have the 'before' photos to compare, it will still look fairly messy, but at least the mess is generally relevant to the room it occupies, and is on its way to being rehomed. Silence - everywhere - it's lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment