Friday, September 22, 2017

I do love Fridays, for all that I don't have a job - time to catch up with myself and spend some time at home doing things I should have done but didn't. Today it was starting to fill in our application for grant funding for our new roof. So many questions - and so many with the same answer required. Again. And difficult ones like how many visitors do we get in a year? I dunno and I doubt anyone else could say either. Going by entry fees is not much help as we have 3 different prices for adults children and family groups. So I just divided the total by 5 (our fee for families) and multiplied by two (at least two family members) and hoped for the best. Since the income was derived over a period when we had entry by donation and frequently had visitors paying one gold coin for the ten visitors, that is pretty unreliable too. I will probably have to count up the numbers in the book on Sunday when I am sitting there with nothing better to do.

But. All my washing is done. I have had a happy day on FB chatting about the former PM getting headbutted outside a bar while we all continue to ignore the death threats made to a 14 year old yes campaigner and now I have lit the fire despite it actually still being relatively warm. Must be the rain in the air.

The stallion has moved in to the paddock nearest the lane, but is a transformed beast since he was taken off a high grain diet. We chat and he pretends to be frightened by the dog.

I will resume grant application filling in a little  later, but first the dog and I must go and re-acquaint ourselves with the stallion.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day Jo. Tiresome form but it will be worth it if it results in a new roof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - all my fingers and toes crossed on that one!

    ReplyDelete