Sunday, September 17, 2017

My hopes of getting any washing done tomorrow have been dashed after seeing the wind forecast - seems it would end up at Triabunna if I were to put it out. So I will satisfy myself with a little dyeing instead. I bought some yellow tops today but want to overdye them with some 'wheat' landscape dye at least in patches, to make them a little earthier. I will also have a go at dyeing some grey tops with some red dyes and see what happens to them. I feel the red I present have is a little too bright for what I want to do with it, and the grey over-dyed with green looks fabulous, so the red should work too (I hope).

The day in the History Room was rather slow as only two people arrived and that in the morning, so a long slow day getting a bit of progress on the second sleeve which I can't take too much further as the pattern is in a book that I loaned to someone local and am now chasing. As I am increasing I need to know when to stop - I think I still have a fair way to go, but get nervous if I am unable to refer back to the pattern (or at least the other sleeve which I left at home).

So a fairly relaxing day tomorrow, except for braving the gale when I walk the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment