I stopped en route to the History Room and took a photo of the Mill to be our profile picture on the FB page - the one we had was pixilated low resolution and not terribly well composed. The one we have now has spring blossoms, blue skies and morning sun on sandstone.
The activity on the page has stirred Steph into life and she responded promptly to a post this afternoon - just after I did in fact! So that is good. Perhaps with a better idea of how to interact she will be a good support. Before her posts were inclined to be 'we need this' followed by lots of helpful posts from others and no response from us.
So I seem to have started something there. I also sorted one of our admin drawers today. We have four filing cabinets, three contain some admin files, some history files. I figure we should be able to reduce our admin files to two drawers and free up at least three more for use for our actual history stuff. Today I went through the drawer called Grants and found tourism, financial records, presidents reports, internal consultation, external consultation, visiting curator reports, information about another local museum, proposed display options and floor layouts, oh, and grants information! The grants information largely consisted of multiple copies of 'how to fill in your application' and letters of recommendation in various stages of drafting. So now the grant files are in order of current, acquitted, unsuccessful but we will have another go, and a general background information folder for people filling in grant applications. The old grants are archived. The tourism information is filed or archived if it belongs to a now defunct tourism organisation, and so forth. I have left the survivors in the same drawer pending finding space for them as I go through other admin drawers, and left a note to Steph so she does not panic when she sees what I have done.
Council's heritage officer also called in but was called away before we had a chance to chat - he wants us to hold spare keys to various buildings open to the public but not staffed - it will involve a bit of admin on our part (take and return deposits when the key is returned) but if we don't help Council we can't complain if they don't help us.
And speaking of Council, a councillor has threatened to resign (he needs to think it through) over the Mayor's shenanigans and failure to resign himself. So that will mean a casual vacancy which will be filled by a recount. Not that I will get in, fortunately I am not really ready to take on another full time job until I get the History Room sorted.
And now I am feeling more than a little knackered once more - hopefully I will get a decent sleep tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment