Friday, September 8, 2017

It was snowing when I woke up this morning - and snowed again this afternoon (well, it was mainly fine hail, but some of it was snow) and it snowed again a couple of nights ago - all very odd weather as in between the blizzards and freezes, it is mild and sunny. I guess it will sort itself out in due course, and better than the weather they are getting in America at any rate.

The TasNetworks guy called me and we had a fairly heated exchange with him trying (unsuccessfully) to talk over the top of me. Then he called around and we had a rather more civil exchange. He refused to accept responsibility for the damage to the path due to the pre-existing cracks, but finally settled on giving me a $50.00 Bunnings voucher which will come in very handy. Less success with the pump refund - apparently the warranty is voided as I fitted it myself. I will be disputing this in writing as I clearly stated my intention to do so (in fact that was the basis for choosing that particular pump) at the time of purchase and was not given any cautionary advice at the time (amazing the loopholes in consumer law - that makes it unfit for purpose).

And we have had a quote for the roof at the History Room, so am waiting for that to arrive (hopefully ahead of Monday's meeting).

The inclement weather has made a rather large hole in the seriously diminished wood heap, but the other night I saved a lot of wood as it took me four hours to get the blooming fire going. By the time it was burning freely it was bed time so I just went to bed. Fortunately that was one of the days when it had been temperate (though was freezing overnight) and so the house was not below 12 degrees by bedtime. Since the thermometer on the phone tells me I rarely get above 16 in the loungeroom (to my great surprise as it feels quite comfortable), this was not a great hardship.

Nearly time for QI so bye for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment