Saturday, September 2, 2017

Yesterday was sunny but rather windy - for all that i did several loads of washing, and despite having to regularly remove it from the ground and put it back on the line, it was all dry and still intact by bedtime. And after minus four on Thursday night, last night's two degrees was rather mild.

Today was spinning and we had a room full as we were invaded by various Guild members from Hobart. The President arrived with various boxes of tricks and gave us all one-on-one blending lessions, so I have now a large batt of blended fibre to spin, in addition to the six other methods we tried which are already spun. So it was using the cards, faux rolags, drum carder and so forth and all good fun. I am instructed I must use the yarn I produce to knit a mini-shawl (it will be very mini as there is only about 40 grams of yarn) to display on their stand at the Royal next month. I will also be lending them various knitted garments for the purpose.

After such a full day the idea of cleaning the bank did not appeal so I headed home and have lit the fire, for no apparent reason, but I expect I will appreciate it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment