The application was lodged with three hours to spare - thanks to the sterling efforts of my treasurer who provided three years of figures, and the roving curator who managed to get the letter through to me in time. I had to go into town to collect the figures because apparently email is a mystery to the treasurer, and was about to head out the door when I received a panic-stricken call from today's volunteer because someone wanted to buy a beanie but she didn't know how much they were. I panicked too as the winner of the raffle to be drawn on Friday might choose the same beanie the prospective buyer might want. So I told her to stall them for ten minutes till I got there.
Turns out it was a local expecting a bargain so no sale was made, but in the mean time I photographed them all in case someone accidentally sells one between now and Friday (unlikely as I will be on tomorrow) and I have to knit another to please the raffle winner (tricky if they choose one that I designed myself or which requires wool to be dyed).
My Facebook exploits have gleaned a number of new followers, so we are now over 400. And at least 150 people have seen the new photo, so that's all good - and I have also be liaising with Tasmanian Light Horse to see if they will do a parade in Oatlands. Turns out 11 November is a Saturday this year so that would be good if we can organise it. I have promised them a spinning exhibition, and two local groups have already indicated additional support - woohoo if that one comes off!
Typically, when I am about to release the second last bundle of funds from the house sale, I have woken to spit out a bit of tooth. So a trip to the dentist is being added to the list - I have forgotten to chase one up today, so will have to do it tomorrow. At least it is not tender, and I can track down some dental wax to fill in the gap to avoid sharp edges.
And the 'late showers' arrived at two this afternoon, and became a continual downpour, so I have great hopes of the rain gauge in the morning. Fortunately I had already brought in the one load of washing I had put out earlier on the principle it was so windy it would be mostly dry (and it was!).
And the fire is once again lit - chilly for the second half of today and more chilliness forecast for tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment