Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Yesterday's lazy day was spent sorting out paperwork and generally trying to get organised - so I chased  up some letters of support for our application for funding and drafted one such item for the lazy person who couldn't be bothered doing it for me, and sorted out of a few other things.

Today was the History Room and an early start as some researchers wanted to be in the road by the time we usually open, and wanted to spend a lot of money, so of course, I let them. Two other lots of visitors garnered less money, but did give me a chance to find out where some stuff was located. And the screens that the Community Centre is donating failed to arrive due to lack of spare carrying bodies.

I managed to spin a bobbin of green yarn which was good but the yellow yarn is still rather yellow (stale dye solution I suspect), so I will spin it up and then redye it as there is a limit to how many times you can dye tops before they become a felted mass that is unspinnable.

You can imagine how less than impressed I was when I received an invoice for the visit of the concreter from the shed company, along with an 'overdue' account for the wrong amount. So I have just sent off a response telling them to get their act together as the pads were indeed in the wrong location, and the fact I agreed to redesign to suit their current location is not grounds for billing me. I also reminded them that the amount of the final invoice has yet to be calculated as I will be returning the Extenda-brackets as discussed, at length, with two senior staff members. So they had best get their act together or I will be running complaints on two fronts which is not my idea of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment