Those invented pork burgers tasted so damn good that I had to exercise considerable restraint to stop at two so I had some to pop in the freezer. Tonight I plan to sample the cumberland sausageburgers the ingredients for which are presently sitting in the fridge.
We had a day in the Community Garden today, commencing the process of clearing out the shed that we plan to move our tools to so as to make way for Brady's chicken empire.
He called in while we were working and I explained our process so he understands we are actually doing something (we have not touched the contents of the tool shed yet) and he sent us off with a dozen eggs and a promise of three roosters for Friday (which I will take home to dispatch).
We made three trips with rubbish (some of it quite useful stuff, like pots - but not when you have thousands of the damn things as people keep insisting on donating them). The first one was to the men's shed with any timber we were getting rid of in case they could use it - two large plywood boxes they can dismember for the ply - that sort of thing). The second went directly to the tip as I had assumed it opened at 11. I had got my days muddled and it was not due to open till one, but fortunately someone from council had the gate open so we zipped in and unloaded while he waited to let us out before locking the gate behind us. Confusion was due to me mentally assuming that if I was hard at work at the community garden it must be Friday (when the tip does indeed open at 11).
Back to the garden and we decided it was time for lunch as there was no point loading stuff into the ute then going to lunch, so we parted company for half an hour and ate - I usually park by the lake in the shade of the pine trees there as it is a pleasant spot.
Another load to the tip and we came back to find someone in the garden - it was a relief to discover it was one of the teachers (tending to the chooks) as someone has removed the padlock from the toolshed and keeps leaving the gate to the garden open. Nothing is missing, so it presumably just someone who didn't have a key and wanted to get in, but we are not impressed, nevertheless.
I finally made it home via Eric's (where I dropped of a couple more of the shelves he was so glad to get last time), to discover the smoker had been found and delivered! I am very very happy - now all I need to do is work out where I can get some hickory sawdust to go with the maple syrup brining. I expect I will need to head into town in the next couple of weeks to get another padlock for the garden shed, so will pick some up then, along with some dog food.
It is not as cold tonight and I am in two minds about lighting the fire, but I have laid it in case I decide it is necessary (which I am increasingly feeling may be the case).
Just waiting for the dishwasher (which has been working overtime for the last couple of days) to finish its latest load so I can start making those cumber-burgers for dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment