Tuesday, April 21, 2015

I suspect I may have just voided the warranty on the new whipper snipper. I ran half a tank of unleaded in it accidentally - only worked out what I had done when I reached for the same fuel container while trying to get it started again. Bugger. At least it still works which I guess is something to be grateful for.

I finished off the half of the orchard I was working on, removing bits of wire left right and centre as I worked. The former occupant had installed half-height heavy duty chicken wire around the base of the fences which had fallen off over time and become buried (but not buried enough) in the soil and root systems of the grass. Bit of it stick up and catch any sort of cutting implement you use and so it needed to go. I tried hauling it up but it came very reluctantly and with several tonnes of soil on top, so it was hard work. Then I had the bright idea of using the whippersnipper to clear everything lying on top of it - this worked well till I nearly fried the motor. I have managed to get up the section along the back boundary as far as the middle fence which is a great start. A large load of ratty wire went to the tip this afternoon, along with a bottle of unleaded that was contaminated with two-stroke.

Then two barrow loads of longish grass went across the road to Judy's place and were exchanged for a barrow of horse poo.

Moments like these I wish I didn't have her curry leaf tree in my bath as I could really do with a long hot soak tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment