Monday, April 6, 2015

Despite the dire forecast, today turned out quite nice and sunny, albeit cool. Good weather for wood stacking so I did some more of that then turned my attention to the remaining washing, since it seemed good drying weather after all.

Judy rode her horse (on a lead rope) down the lane which was a bit of a surprise as I had encouraged her to lunge it thoroughly before riding it. But him next door knew better so there they were, riding down the lane, with horses in the adjacent paddocks going crazy with excitement and the stallion waiting at the foot of the lane to make getting through the gate even more hair-raising than it might otherwise have been. Then out onto the oval to be lunged, complete with rider.

The girth was far too short, so they had ad libbed with some strapping that was knotted at one end and buckled through at the other side. Needless to say this stretched with the result Judy came a cropper. Fortunately no-one was hurt but the horse was definitely a bit steamy by the time they came back.

I received a message from some friend who were passing through Oatlands so went into town to meet up with them. We had soup and tea at the Pancake Parlour and caught up with the gossip from this year's get together in Gladysdale (that I didn't get to go to).

Then home to walk the dogs at which point the threatened rain decided to fall. So we came home, lit the fire and I am now waiting for tonight's dinner to cook. Last night's made a nice bonus dinner for the dogs tonight. It was not that badly tainted, but the thought of it made me feel queasy so I decided to err on the side of caution after all. Pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment