Another gorgeous autumn day today - and two more to come! Or is that one more? Sunday will be eleven degrees!!
Popped into town for some bread and came home just as the power went off. I realised (prompted by the presence of numerous vehicles, cherry pickers etc) that Aurora was cutting us off, then I remembered that they had told us this two weeks ago. The big crisis was that I had no water, but I scratched together enough from various kettles to be able to boil some on the wood heater which I had lit for the purpose (that and cooking lunch), and reheated the remaining cup of tea in a small saucepan for later on.
This reminded me I had to cut some firewood so I did that and have been steadily moving it indoors as I come inside after being out. Then I remembered I have the plumber delivering a part for the solar hot water controller on Sunday and I had to call him to confirm meetings etc. Since I had no power, I also had no signal, so I asked the nice men out the front to please move the cherry picker they had parked across my driveway, and drove into town to make the call. That was all good so home I came once more and did some whipper-snipping down the back, revealing two more trees and a third one partially (I will need to get down on hands and knees with snippers to get the crushed wire from around its base before I can finish that one off). Kept cutting till I ran out of cord, then came back inside to take the dogs for a walk, and now I am girding up my loins for yet another walk before heading in to clean the bank.
No comments:
Post a Comment