Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Well, the letter tells me she is seeking legal advice. Hopefully that is true and her lawyer points out to her that she is shooting herself in the foot. She also claims I am in breach of the rules of natural justice for asking for details of the proposed fence within seven days - stating she is entitled to 28 days. This fails to consider that my original request for this level of detail was sent in my letter of 10 January. I begin to think it is clear she does not have the funds for the wire section of the fence but lacks the courage to own up to this fact. Of course, that would be difficult when she has previously given me written assurance of her ability to do so in 28 days of completion of the rabbit proof fence that she requested in her first letter.

I think I will overlook the fact that she is out of line and not respond to this latest letter. I will simply wait to see what arises from her visit to the lawyer. In the mean time she has begun planting up along the line where my paling fence is to be built - no doubt to provide herself with various opportunities for further obstructiveness at the time the fence is actually under construction.

At least I had quilting today and made some progress on the tapestry. The opera house now looks like an opera house, and the section of ocean above the Harbour Bridge is now coloured in. I was once again subjected to endless chatter from our new member, but at least she worked out I was not really in the mood today so only directed about 50% of it my way.

Tomorrow I will be at Eleanors to help out with the visit from the Fimby ladies, so called in to see Barry on the way home, collected some plums and sought and obtained permission to bring the dog with me, so he gets a change of scenery. He must be heartily sick of being stuck indoors in this weather.

1 comment:

  1. so sorry to read of your difficulties with your neighbour. it must really be taking the shine off your happiness at getting your home together.hope she settles down soon and leaves you alone. in the meantime take care of yourself and try to enjoy what you have achieved. best wishes. sue.

    ReplyDelete