Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oh. My. God. Those poor blighters in Christchurch - it just never stops for them does it.... I was in tears driving home this afternoon hearing the early reports from the city after today's calamity. I can but hope that my friends are all alive and well and that their families and friends are the same. Tragic...

I was at quilting today but had to dash home at lunch time as I had forgotten to take the lunch I had packed, and the veges I had picked for distribution and the wallet, necessary to pay for the day. I heard a brief news update en route but assumed it was referring to back news of some sort. But no. Unfortunately one of us is planning a trip to NZ in three weeks time - a trip she has planned for 30 years. It includes Christchurch. So she was necessarily alarmed about the potential for it to impact on her plans. Hopefully we managed to assure her that a lot can happen in 3 weeks and that getting in touch with the Agent right now is not helpful.

All poultry present and correct at feeding time, so hopefully this is the last to bite the dust...

No comments:

Post a Comment