Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Glad I don't live in queensland - what a horror of a cyclone that is. Have you seen it on Google Earth? Its diameter extends from the tip of Cape York down to just above Brisbane - huge!!!

We spent much of our day at quilting listening to updates on the radio - hope you are going to be OK RTB!!

Apart from that, I have done little all day but embroidery. Decided to give the longstitch a miss today as I am still a bit fuddled. But whatever I was coming down with yesterday seems to have decided to slope off and find some easier prey. The embroidery is on a teatowel for the function in April. Will try to get a picture of it once it is finished, which it almost is.

Tomorrow I will be doing some pretty intensive housework prior to the arrival of the plasterers - so I can give them a stern lecture about not being such pigs as they were last time they worked here.

Jonno also called and will be taking back his scaffolding on Friday, but will return it once I have a date for Wayne to come paint in March. That will be a relief as I really don't like to have the responsibility of having it in my yard in case it is damaged or stolen.

So after another day of inconsistent weather, ranging from mists to full sun and back again, I am planning a quiet night tonight, which is more than those poor blighters in Queensland will be getting.

1 comment:

  1. I know ! i listened to the radio this evening, and I feel sick for the people of far north queensland.

    ReplyDelete