Sunday, February 27, 2011

It was a glorious day today, and tomorrow is set fair for more of the same. After that it goes to custard in a major way apparently, with frost forecast for Saturday morning. So I will start looking out the recipes for green tomatoes and see what I can do with them. There are a number of fruits that appear to be colouring up, so those I can pick and bring indoors to ripen, but the rest of the crop will, I suspect, be a write-off. Sad really as the bushes look rather nice and are producing fruit like there is no tomorrow (which, sadly in their case, is the outlook).

So I got stuck in a cut a whole heap of wood up for firewood which will clearly be required, while waiting for the phone to ring. Actually, the first call came through at 7:30am (presumably hoping to get me while I was asleep). He said he would call back in a couple of hours to check if it was still available before coming up but that was the last i heard from him. There were several other enquiries, all promising to come up, but only one couple actually put in an appearance. In their seventies, they are looking for a van to park permanently on their block at Snug to live in during summer. They were planning a permanent annex, but now have to cost out building a roof over the van as well. So I have their contact details and have given them first refusal, if anyone else comes up. They indicated they will call back within 48 hours, and I suspect they really will. They were definitely Tasmanians, we compared geneaologies for a bit and he used to live at Levendale, so was familiar with the house over a period of 50 years.

Then another car pulled up in the drive getting me all excited, but that was just the bloke from over the road who is planning to go through the stack of weatherboards to extract the actual weatherboards that are the right profile for the house he is repairing. There are definitely some in there, I know. I will get him to help me transfer them to the other side of the drive at the same time, so they are not leaning up against Kip's fence as they are at present. So now it is simply a matter of keeping my fingers crossed that this couple are keen and I have made a sale. Otherwise it is on to Gumtree and another add in the Saturday paper next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment