South Australia now has a wine glass and a bunch of grapes as well as the tails of a couple of rosellas who are moving their way into the Western District of Victoria. I may yet finish this monstrous thing some time this year.
We had a new member join the group this week and she sat beside me and bent my ear for the entire day. So much for sitting, sewing and enjoying the occasional diversion into conversation. Still at least she made more interesting listening than many I have struck so perhaps once I get used to her we will get on. People seem to have lost the gentle art of silent communication. I blame television.
I was also allocated my square of calico for the block I am to make for the quilt we annually donate to the local hospital for a raffle. My block is to be an applique goose so not too difficult - a head and body all in one piece, a beak and two wings. Pretty straight forward stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment