Well, the chicken lives to see another sunrise (well, probably several to be frank) as I could not get my act together at all today. Eventually I gave up and went into Oatlands where they were experiencing a power outage, so after groping around in the supermarket in the dark I emerged with the necessary items and headed home. En route it occurred to me I have lived here almost two years and have yet to see what Andover looks like. It is the turnoff to the tip, but I have never ventured further. Lovely country through there, but when you get to Andover it is two houses and a level crossing. And neither of the houses is particularly pleasing to the eye ...
So at the next opportunity I turned around and headed homeward but then thought, there are a couple of other sideroads to explore yet. One had me bluffed as it has a street name within Parattah, which changes to the property name further along. I had only seen it referred to by the property name, so failed to take the turn. Perhaps another day. But I continued on and went up Bailey's Road which also leads to a property, but which does remain a public road for some distance. I had been told many months ago that this road was worth exploring, if only for the interesting piles of rocks and branches that result from the tidiness obsession of one of the property owners. They were right. These have to be seen to be believed. The rocks are all drystoned up into long but very deep walls that go nowhere, And the branches look as if they have been set up to provide cross-country jumps for horses. Really neat, closely woven piles. But clearly they are not for this purpose as they are too close together and they have branches poking up that would take out a horse's belly if it were to be put to them. Definitely the most exciting thing around here today, lol.
Was just eyeing off a can of spam for dinner when Caroline called in for a visit, so I showed her my floorplan for the 'when I win lotto' house I could build on the former site of Bellevue if I were so lucky... Clearly I have too much time on my hands and need to focus and get back to work. Still, tomorrow and Wednesday are quilting so it may not be for a few days yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment