Friday, February 25, 2011

Today started off fairly chilly but warmed up later, so I let the fire go out and got stuck into the kitchen once more. Now all the tools and boxes of 'stuff' have been sorted through and re-homed and the place is beginning to look like the real deal. I will need to vaccuum the floor before I go much further, and have decided to give it a scrub and apply some diluted bondcrete to seal it before moving in the major appliances.

Meantime, in an effort to give myself an incentive to finish off cleaning the caravan, I have placed an ad in the Sunday Mercury. Given this has statewide distribution it seemed like a good idea. Will see what happens in response to the ad. In the meantime i have to call Clinton and Val to let them know the ad has gone in, as agreed. I am asking $5500 or near offer, a thousand less than I paid for it, to allow for wear and tear and the difficulties we will encounter getting it off the block. Once it is gone I can get in touch with the insurance and see if they will reimburse part cover for it, which would be a welcome cash injection.

I have called the plumber to remind him of the need to replace the pump (still not done) and have also had an email from NZ to confirm that all of my colleagues are safe and well, despite the chaos in the City. I have been particularly concerned for a colleague who worked at the Timeball in Lyttelton which, as you will have seen from the photos, collapsed in a major way.

Other than that, I have recovered the honeyspinner from the container, and the bread-maker so that I can get on with dealing with those two matters as well.

2 comments:

  1. Gumtree Tasmania would also be a good place to put your caravan ad. It's free and I have had lots of success buying and selling through them. But I guess you know about Gumtree already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say it had never occurred to me - I am a hardened freecycler, so other sites are a mystery to me. Will give it a go - thanks Bluezbandit!!

    ReplyDelete