Sunday, November 14, 2010


We got a good dump of rain this morning - a bit over half and inch! The gutters were awash. So the garden is looking distinctly greener and the grass will probably put on another ten inches of growth before it dries off enough to attack with the mower. The one remaining savoy cabbage seems to be forming a heart, and the butter lettuces are most certainly doing so, so I will have some fresh greens to go with dinner.

Needless to say, with that sort of weather indoor activity dominated today and so all the tomato seedlings have been potted up to decent sized pots and the honey-frames now have wax in them at last.

Now all I need is some bees.

Dog and cats confined themselves to indoor activities also - I have not seen the cats spend so much time indoors for quite a while. And the fire has been getting a workout all day. Was running a bit low on wood so cut a few more bits to keep us going.

Dinner tonight is mexican meatballs (courtesy of the IGA) and I will probably make up a tomato-based sauce to go with them and boil up some pasta I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment