Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bit of a touch of summer today with the temp rocketing up to 27 degrees and a thunderstorm (unfortunately a dry one) to finish off the day - even had a bit of smoke about which was disconcerting as we had some pretty strong winds today also. still it is all pretty green still, so no real danger.

We had our annual Christmas lunch today but as we were meeting at Mt Seymour, and dining in Oatlands I decided to go in late and to be there for lunch only. This was partly because the forum I moderate is having its annual fund-raising auction and, it being based in the UK, I get to do their midnight roundups of bids so they can all have a good night's sleep. Only day two of the auction and it goes for two weeks so I will be late for quilting next Tuesday also. On Wednesdays I can take the laptop with me as there is a signal in Oatlands (but not Mt Seymour).

My fat quarter present was not something I can use in a quilt - in fact I am not too sure where I can use it. It has a black background and sort of 1940s style locker-room girlies posing by motorbikes, with tiny skirts and frilly knickers showing. Very cute images, but not too sure what I will do with it.

Then back up to Mt Seymour where Jenny's friend from WA showed us some of the really creative things she does to recycle and remodel items of clothing for different uses. I took a white cotton blouse with me for some ideas on how to modify it as it has always been quite useless (I bought it as it was cheap, but really good quality fabric). So that is going in the sewing basket to have the collar removed and reused as a belt across the back, the sleeves cut down, the buttons replaced and a touch of colour added to it. Hopefully it will be quite stylish once done.

Got home at 6:30 and was pleased to find both cats indoors just waking up to demand their dinner, so the dog and I did a quick run around the grounds to check everyone still had water and had not expired from the heat (plants as well) and back to the house for a belated cuppa (I will be up all night, but I was soooooooooo thirsty) and that last slice of Pavlova they insisted I bring home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment