Another fabby day here in beautiful downtown Central Tassie. I do love weather like this - sunshine, no wind, just enough heat to wear a teeshirt, but not so hot you sweat. Gorgeous!
I spent it at sewing and made yet more progress on the longstitch, and catching up with the gossip around the place. We have reorganised our space so the lunch table has been moved into one of the bedrooms and the table replaced with more sewing room, so now the L-shaped room has an L-shaped table for us to sit around and work. Given we re-arrange the furniture with gay abandon, I imagine it will not be too long before they realise that this makes getting out rather tricky and there will be a need to move things again to facilitate movement.
After we packed up for the day I popped round to the hospital to make an appointment to see the doctor, and they had a slot in 10 minutes so I waited. We are rather blessed in Oatlands with a marvellous doctor who in between patients goes for major bushwalks into the interior, fishing, etc, and on his holidays disappears into the depths of third world countries with Medecin sans Frontiers. He does, however take a bit of getting used to as he is usually doing at least three other things while he his seeing you (he is also responsible for the inpatients at the hospital). So today's appointment consisted of him spotting me in the reception area and asking if I was for him and on being told so, pointing me at his consulting room as he wandered off in conversation with someone else. Then he popped in, stood at the door and asked me what I was there for. Being prepared I rattled off the symptoms and he wandered off once more, then returned, took my blood pressure, sounded my chest, discussed the joys of being admitted to the cardiac ward with mylanta dribbling out the side of your mouth then ordered me to follow him down the corridor to another room where i was told to lie down with my blouse off. He plugged in various leads and cords, wandered off for another few seconds, came back, tore off the readout, told me to put my blouse on again and wandered out once more. I peered down the corridor where he was standing talking to yet another person, was pointed back to his consultation room, where he returned.
He typed something into the computer, asked me when my last bloods were done, took some blood as it was rather a long time ago, and then wandered into the adjoining room from whence he threw a couple of packs of meds at me (which I fortunately caught) then sat down and told me he would call me if there was anything wrong with the bloods. And that was it. Lol. I have no idea where he gets all that energy as he is well into his sixties if not over 70!!
So home again for eggs, moving strawberry plants (potted up this morning and dosed with seasol) outside onto the septic tank and feeding chooks and cats and dog and so to rest once more. All very bracing.
BTW as I suspected, it is only indigestion - too many cups of tea methinks.
Last night's Irish Stew was ready for eating by 9pm, so I have having that tonight instead.
thats good news jo. was a bit concerned about those chest pains. everything looks great. am jealous of your tassiie weather!
ReplyDeleteI plan to live to 100 and be a tough old biddie, so no chest pain is going to slow me down, lol.
ReplyDeletethat's the spirit. me too!
ReplyDelete