Another gorgeous day, but running to seed tomorrow of course as the Farmer's Market will be on. I have successfully mown the entire block today though I have still to whipper snipper in the rougher areas. That may have to wait till Monday by the looks of tomorrow's weather - plus my social commitments tomorrow.
And I weeded all around the crabapples out the front and have added blood and bone, some seasol and about 10 litres of water to each as they seem surprisingly dry given the rain we have had of late. After all that I mulched them thickly with straw so that should hold the moisture in for them.
I also hauled out the tamarix that the geese ate but discovered that down the base of the tree some small green shoots were starting to emerge so I have potted it up and given it a good water and will see what happens. Where it was planted is where I now plan to install the walnut tree - it will provide shade for the chooksheds without actually being in the yard so I can get the windfall nuts, instead of them falling victim to the chooks.
Everything else got a good water today also, at least the veges did (this evening, not during the day). So a successful day in the garden all up - and a tiprun to boot.
No comments:
Post a Comment