Friday, November 26, 2010


We are apparently in for a wet weekend so today was a chance to get out into the garden. Unfortunately, I was sidetracked from this with the arrival of my new threads - these are the ones I ordered at the beginning of the month but which were delayed as they were out of stock. Am very excited by these threads as they blend so many truly lovely colours together. They are for the William Morris Poem cushion I bought while in Victoria. They will, of course, have other potential applications as well, since they are more than will be required for the embroideries on the cushion.

However, distractions aside, I did manage to fit in a run to the tip and to build a second raised bed (but not position it) and stack up some stone for finishing off the perimeter of the base for the gas bottles. I will need to find my spanner so I can detach the gas bottle as I need to get in with the mattock and remove some weeds that have taken root in the relevant area. I have, however, found a number of flat-faced largish rocks for the perimeter which is a bonus.

Not much else to report as the auction roundup takes up a chunk in an inconvenient period of the day - too soon to start anything before it, and lunchtime by the time I am finished ... That's my exuse at any rate. Oh! I did pick my first strawberry today - no photo, it disappeared too fast!!

I did, however, find the time to send a registered wakeup and reminder call to the electrician in the hope that matter can be sorted in the very near future. I have requested a written response within 10 days of him receiving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment