Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Today was the preference throw and the last two candidates standing are Labor and Liberal. Libs are ahead by about 800 votes, but who knows where the preferences of the remaining candidate will go - Steve Mav was indeed a maverick and basically could be predicted to speak as his audience wished to hear, so his preferences will probably split all over the shop. I know some of my voters preferenced him in my split (eek, the horror). Since he has accumulated quite a few votes over the preference split it will be quite a few hours I suspect before we get a result, especially if it looks very close as they will do a recount to be sure.

Meanwhile I have been battling a sluggish fire all day only to discover about an hour ago that i had forgotten to open the vent this morning. So it is nice and cosy now. Frost tonight so that's a good thing!

Apart from that, nothing much to report other than a discovery that the 'letter' I had agreed to draft seems to have morphed into a formal submission (which I will most certainly not be making), so since I am having lunch with one of the relevant people tomorrow, I will let her know I am drawing a line. That sort of thing I would want to be paid to do and since it's just a loose-knit group of professionals, that is not going to happen.

Tomorrow I am heading down the Coal River Valley to dine at the Coal River Vineyard which is, I suspect, the sort of place that serves three artfully arranged bites of food in the middle of an attractively adorned platter and charges you $50.00. I checked their website and while it displays a menu, no prices are mentioned. I am alarmed!


1 comment:

  1. I hope it isn't one of those restaurants, Jo!

    Interesting to see how the final results go...was it a Lib seat before?

    ReplyDelete