Well there is no update on the count today - I suspect we won't have a decision until the 15th. Apparently the outstanding votes are still outstanding or presumably they would have updated the figures. These may never arrive, but the 15th is the day when they redistribute the preferences even if the votes have not arrived. So you won't get any more boring narratives about the election till something has actually happened.
Meanwhile I once again put in an appearance and chatted with various folk around the town - and was informed that one of the candidates was hanging around the Dodges Ferry Booth winking and giving the thumbs up to voters as they entered. That comes very close to soliciting votes, so I hope the TEC takes it seriously.
The wind has been very powerful today, and tonight on my way back from the bank a flash of lightning brightened the sky.
Tomorrow I am off to collect what remains of my signs with this wind, and to take wee gifts to those who hosted one. I will get the groceries and visit a friend or two en route.
No comments:
Post a Comment