Tuesday, May 8, 2018

The last evidence of my campaign has been removed from public view - I have to say I am impressed by the speed with which other candidates have removed all evidence of their presence from the roadside - in some locations, mine was all that was left. Still, all hosts have now been rewarded with chocolate (or scorched almonds depending on the age range it the household) and it's all in the back of the ute. I hope to re-use the signs for the Council elections but after last night's wind some will require a little surgery to make the suitable for use.

Tomorrow and the day after we are into single figures so I plan to put my feet up and do nothing at all (well, maybe a bit of knitting and spinning) for a couple of days so the dog and cats get some tranquility and company.

Seb was so keen to get out this evening that he snatched the lead from my hand to took off across the back yard eagerly chasing interesting smells. Having recovered control we passed onto the recreation ground then past his favourite doggy friends' place. There the performance was repeated, and he did not do as I expected but took off up the back road at a rate of knots. Being exhausted I was walking briskly rather than running up the hill, but apparently having passed out of sight, he became unnerved, so came back of his own accord. He even came when called for the last 100m or so.

Last night the winds were particularly vigorous and the house was hit by a wall of wind that actually shook it to the foundations. There was a sound of tearing metal (which I have not yet traced to source) and a squall of rain that was most unexpected. Only six mm in it, so not worth the bother, but still, nice to see. The next two days are also supposed to bring flash and riverine flooding, but this does not appear to my neck of the woods so not to worry. I will stay indoors anyway - plenty of naps I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment