Thursday, May 3, 2018

I had a little sleep in this morning, looking forward to a day of catching up with the washing, getting on with some of the stuff that needs doing around here, and generally relaxing. But no. Turns out I am allowed to continue to campaign for the next two days (well, today and tomorrow). So I pulled on some respectable clothes and headed to Triabunna which I have largely neglected and knocked on doors all along a road that apparently no candidate  has knocked on before. I was invited in for a cuppa by a nice lady who turned out to be someone whose husband has locummed locally and I had a cuppa and a good chat. And two additional positive conversations before wilting and heading home to walk the dog.

I was disappointed to find an email from the Greens recommending Jim Playsted to the party members - not cool at all. Though I did get a  mention at least - as someone with a low profile in the electorate .... Bit disheartening that since I have had good responses from those to whom I have spoken, but that's politics.

Tomorrow I am torn between heading to finish off Brighton or going to AgFest and hoping to get some media coverage, but given their lack of interest to date, I think Brighton is the better bet.

At least today was a nice day, and overcast so not so hot as the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment