Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Long day today - started by being baled up for a lift as I walked the dog, so I took her into Oatlands and sat around waiting as she did her weekly shop, got some money out and then took her to the school where she settled into a long conference with the headmistress. I took umbrage after 10 minutes so called in to speed things up, drove her home and headed to Brighton where I distributed a further 200 flyers and had some nice chats with people, some of whom indicated they had already voted for me and some of whom turned out to be friends of another friend who had been discussing me on FB the night before (I had a copy of the conversation, haha - so many spies out there).

Then on my way home I called in to visit a woman who had contacted me via the FB page who turned out to be a spinner whose father made Eyre Wheels. So we chatted about a range of topics before I prised myself away two hours later so I could walk the dog before sundown. Arrived home to a message from someone at Triabunna offering to display a sign, so messaged him back and said I was on my way. Arrived in Triabunna but still had not heard back from him regarding an address. Enquired at the shop, but they had not heard of him either. So since I know the town fairly well, I took the signs and hid them in a publicly accessible spot, messaged him their whereabouts and got home half and hour ago. Dinner is eaten, a glass of wine in front of me, and Campbell Town and a repeat visit to Ross on the menu for tomorrow.

Then I can put my feet up, pull together my expenditure list and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment