Monday, April 30, 2018

It was down to Sorell via Tunnack and Country Marsh Road today - dropping in to various places en route. Tunnack turned out to be very easy. At the third house the husband said his wife was doing her walk and could be found at the fire shed. So I tootled down there and found three of the locals letting themselves in for a cuppa. Fortunately two of them are long-term locals who talk to everyone, so having secured their votes and consumed two cups of coffee, I headed into the wilds of the dirt road, visiting some of the more obscure places where I know people and on to Sorell where I bought some lunch and started distributing more flyers and chatting to many people. There seems to be a new development pattern (I have noticed it in Brighton too) which is ideally designed for campaigners, but not necessarily for ease of emergency vehicle access. It is basically a cul de sac with various similarly truncated offshoots. Lots of houses on small blocks of land close together.

It was a bit disheartening to find some had already placed their vote, but the last one I spoke to said she had voted for me that morning which was less discouraging.

Having distributed 200 odd flyers I headed home, have walked the dog, am currently printing off more flyers and will head in to clean the bank shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment