Today I went down some back roads and called into various houses, one of which turned out to contain a former work colleague "I seem to remember someone of your name who once tried to get a job as a firefighter" said he, so I 'fessed up and we had a good chat for some time. Surprising who you meet. Also a few locals, but sadly not the chap I particularly wanted to catch up with along that route - we had a long chat when I was standing for Council and I wanted to thank him for that. Buckland to Copping via Kellevie in case you know the territory.
I also met a small, unsupervised terrier which took a chunk out of my finger quite unexpectedly, having given all signs of being friendly. So I clearly misread it. Fortunately I keep bandaids in the ute.
I have made my last formal post on my page - we go into media shut down on Wednesday, so I am putting this out on a major post boost - and have already had responses from two people - both friends, but neither following the page - so I assume it is working.
Having a glass of wine with dinner tonight - my friend of long-standing has given me two bottles that were given to her as thanks for looking after her neighbour's rabbit which she did not fancy - lord knows why, but I suspect she prefers the sweeter varieties.
No comments:
Post a Comment