The frenzy has taken over my life - sorry for the slack reporting. The writ will be issued at six tonight and my media release will be sent shortly thereafter. That means if it inspires any interest I will be fielding interviews while trying to clean the bank, haha - such a glamourous life I lead.
This weekend I will be heading down your way Deb and I am planning to overnight in Richmond so as to avoid excess travelling. The dog will be booked into kennels for the night and I should be able to at least get the peninsula covered and parts between, but possibly not Dodges and Primrose as I suspect they are rather more populous than back when I was a girl going surfing at Park Beach. But since they are closer to home, I should be able to visit there.
I have had a trip to Triabunna and today has been spent frantically seeking signatures of nominators - one requires ten - I have seven so far, and would probably have the lot except everyone wants to chat.
I have also loaded my signs etc into the ute so future trips can hopefully permit deployment of some in strategic locations - it's OK to do that now, once the writ is issued.
Apart from that, the weather has been lovely, the cats are very much in charge, the dog is very much subjugated, and life is tiring but good.
some of the contenders have their display boards up around Sorell and from what I gather, they are all rejects from previous state and federal elections. Not the best choice in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteYes, the main street to Sorell is lined with signs. I didn't even bother to try to get one in - I have a friend who will be seeing if the locals she knows will be willing to help but that rather depends on a range of factors including who else is running. It seems there is a Councillor from Tasman, the Duke of Avram, and various other contenders. the Tasman chappy is presumably running on the 'amalgamation' ticket and the Duke on whatever medication informs his life. There are a couple such candidates it seems so I rather hope the media, once they finally decide to acknowledge those four sign-saturated candidates are not the only ones, will not lump me together with the loony tunes ones. You just never know.
DeleteGo well Jo!
ReplyDelete