Sunday was a sodden day in Ross - the river running high and the doors not always as welcoming as they could be. On the other hand, some were startlingly welcoming with one gentleman greeting me as if he had been expecting me and telling me lots of people were talking about me. He did not respond to my jocular 'kindly I hope', but the general trend suggests perhaps it was.
Another door was opened by two holders of Permanent Resident status, still not eligible to vote, but they were nice and offered me a cup of tea so I actually invested a rather longer period with them than was warranted given their non-voting status.
The conversation ranged from tree conservation (urban trees that is) to whether we needed a Christ-led parliament and covered various realms of political philosophy. Since she at least is involved in the SES hopefully she will say nice things about me to people who do vote.
Another was a lady in a dressing gown (at one in the afternoon!) telling me all about her Liberal-leaning son who is on Maitland Council of whom she is exhaustingly proud.
Today I took the day off and only popped into the radio station to discuss recording my ad. Since 30 seconds only provides two paragraphs we have agreed I will do four ads - which will be broadcast in rotation. 30 broadcasts cost $100.00 so that sounds like a jolly good idea. We will also pre-record the 'authorised by' message and just tack it onto the bottom of the other recordings so I don't have to rapidly speed up to gabble that out after speaking at a more measured pace.
Since I have already given away 250 + business cards, I have ordered another 500 - I have 250 in reserve for tomorrow's activities which will be Campbell Town and possibly the road over to Bicheno, though unlikely to include Bicheno proper.
Adventures of a candidate! Keep it up Jo.
ReplyDeleteThe radio ad sounds like a good idea -is is a local station?
Hi EMW - yes it is the local FM station. It covers out to the coast and down to Kempton plus up to Tunbridge, so reasonable cover and most of the locals follow it as background noise. They also suggested an interview - I will email my press release to them once it is officially in circulation (that's someone else's job).
ReplyDelete