Gales battering the house woke me at two this morning, but I soon nodded back to sleep and didn't wake till seven. This put me in a bit of a panic as I was due in Hobart at eleven for Estia, the Greek festival and noon at Midway Point to get the brakes fixed. But the mechanical friend messaged to say he had nowhere under cover to work, so that plan went by the wayside and I was able to relax a bit.
My meeting with Tania went well - she was helpful and friendly and told me it is OK to start campaigning now. So once I get the printed material that is what I will do. It will avoid trying to cram it all into four weeks (which apparently only applies to corflute signs, which I can't afford anyway)
The new computer went to the person who knows about these things and he said he had no idea - but while I have been running it today it asked me if I wanted it to delete the earlier version of the operating system (which I suspected all along was the problem), and I said yes, so suddenly have 9 gig of storage back in C: drive. Amazing.
He also offered to load a solid state drive into my old Toshiba (a much more reliable computer, and one I am comfortable with) for $120 (plus the cost of the drive) which sounds like an excellent idea!
This morning's rain overtopped the tanks again - but then I discovered the plumber had not glued the various pipes together when he ran them round to the overflow tank, so the excess was dribbling down the side of the new tanks. I jiggled it all together (not having gone to the pains of sorting out the other end for nothing), and had the pleasure of hearing water thundering into the overflow tank - albeit only for a short while.
Once that was sorted I headed off in the opposite direction to a nice jazz session at the Ross Hotel that I was tipped off to by one of my more recent political connections who was singing there - we have been trying to catch up for some time, so it was nice to be able to do that in such pleasant circumstances.
I am planning to light the fire tonight, but have yet to get around to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment