Thursday, March 22, 2018

So things are hotting up in the Electoral situation. I have had my first troll on the page (deleted seven minutes after arrival) and the two major parties have announced they are standing candidates - both also-rans in the recent state elections. The Liberal one is bragging about how many votes she had, but since these were presumably from across Lyons, and not necessarily in the heartland of Prosser one is trying to avoid feeling discouraged. The Labor one has yet to set up her campaign page and was only in the paper yesterday.

If anyone feels like hunting down my FB page it is easy enough to search if you know my name, and I would encourage you to like it. I have prepared responses to certain predictable attacks on my character and political affiliations in advance so as to avoid sounding defensive when they arrive. And apart from battening down the hatches that is all I can do.

One of the local businesses is now displaying a poster in the window for me, my corflutes are ordered - only ten, and two of those will be propped up on the back of the ute when I am parked while doing the rounds - and I continue to await my magnetic labels, business cards and so forth.

I am monitoring several community pages for the area and posting community notices on my page, have responded successfully to my first 'what is your position on ...' inquiry and requested an invitation to the Port Arthur and Tasman Tourism meeting on the tenth of April (which is around about when you will find me campaigning in your neck of the woods Deb, so any hints about public toilets and eateries are gratefully accepted).

The weather for the last few days has be downright chilly and I have added a doona to the bed now. Having the fire going means this is redundant in the early parts of the night but essential in the early morning, so Seb has had to adjust to the altered circumstances, but since he has taken to sleeping at the foot of the bed since the kitten was unleashed, it is not too bad for either of us.

3 comments:

  1. Can't find your FB page although I do know your name. In the search your photo popped up which I liked but it didn't lead me to your page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disregard last post, finally tracked it down. Have liked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah - interesting - you are the second person to say that! Even weirder since I am paying for the page to be boosted. I wonder what the problem is - none of the other pages I manage is having such difficulties. Very confusing

      Delete