Today was rather better and started with a discussion on ABC radio about a proposed luxury resort near Swansea. I had about two seconds of air time during which I highlighted the lack of local employment opportunities at such developments and the need for the proponent to engage with the community during the development phase to help identify employment pathways, facilitate training for locals etc.
Then I headed to town to collect some more toner and a pair of shoes as my present ones are about to give up the ghost. I found a respectable looking pair for $40.00 and apart from the fact they make my feet sweat they are very comfy. I will just wear thicker socks.
On my way home I letterboxed and doorknocked the southern end of Campania, getting home in time to walk the dog and collect my mystery parcel. Thanks so much Jeanette! What a lovely surprise!
I will have some time on Thursday to explore the patterns but between now and then I will be a bit busy as I plan to attend the Anzac Day ceremony in Sorell, do some more doorknocking then visit a friend who I missed as she passed through Oatlands the other day (I was in Pontville at the time).
On Thursday I will be on ABC radio (Leon Compton) as they are coming to Oatlands to interview all the candidates and to provide an opportunity for members of the public to meet with us. That will be interesting. I get five minutes to deliver my pitch, so wish me luck.
Then I will come home and unpack the rest of my mystery package at my leisure.
No comments:
Post a Comment