Sunday, May 6, 2018

It was a toss-up today as to whether I would stay at home and do stuff, or head out to Triabunna to retrieve my sign. The person whose fence it was on said a visit was fine, so I opted for the latter. Only to discover that the sign had been stolen (he has a hedge between the fence and the road so had not noticed). Lord knows when that happened, but it was there Friday night and any future signs are welcome at the address (not that I have plans to run for Glamorgan/Spring Bay council).

Before I headed out it occurred to me I should be seen about locally in case anyone was laughing up their sleeve, so I popped into the shop and to the market and caught up with the gossip and chatted to various folk before heading out.

It has been overcast, windy and chilly all day so I am now home with the fire just lit and settling in to watch the count if and when they update it. There are only 82% counted so far so I expect they will have to do that too (unless they are in the mail somewhere).

I have maintained 8th position throughout last night which I think is a pretty astonishing result over all. There is a pack of three who have over 60% of the vote so I would need to get a lot of second preferences to climb much higher than that. Of the five below me, two, possibly three will have encouraged voters to put me second, so I may yet pass the other local candidate who is not that much further ahead of me. That would be very pleasing, haha

So I will check in on Bonham and the TEC from time to time tonight and see what unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment