Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Well no idea where all that time went. I reorganised the lounge, reorganised the rats nest of leads on the floor and lost the laptop in the process. Still, nothing is perfect.

Also took advantage of the fresh fish deliveries that have resumed in Oatlands and obtained some prawns, ling and trevalla - beautifully fresh. They now reside in the freezer in the form of fish pie and seafood chowder individual serves. And a cauliflower and cheese soup. This Friday I have to drive to Campbell Town to collect my grazing platter from Grazing Tasmania.

The kitchen remains a work in progress. I have the paint now, but the tiles are still missing in action. I begin to wonder if I would be saving that much since it remains unclear as to how many sheets are required for one square metre, so it's going to be tricky to work it all out. I might just go buy more of the glass mosaic tiles I already have. Though the prospect of installing proper tiles is a bit daunting.

I have had a couple of days of late returning driving trips which have worn me out as well as the clients. And the person filling in for me a the bank is stirring things up a bit. She worked out they were paying her the daytime rate not the night time rate and queried it. They have agreed to pay it for the first fortnight  but have indicated that I clean during day hours. I have now set them straight on that (ie I used to clean during sensible hours, but when they obtained the contract outright and it imposed the 6pm to 6am timetable I have been cleaning during those hours other than weekends when I do it in daylight). Maybe I too am owed money, who knows?

And I will be back on the job on 1 June, so they will no doubt be relieved, haha.

Hall wise, the President remains silent, so I have not mentioned that we are now permitted to have meetings. I am unable to resign quite yet though as we missed out on the Grant but have been invited to resubmit in July, which I guess I will have to stick around for. It seems it's a pretty sure thing if we address the points they have raised, and getting that damn kitchen done has been my goal for at least ten years, haha.

The Railway committee has also requested a letter (I am their Secretary but they rarely meet other than AGMs of which we have had none for the last five years).

So I guess I should get on with that one and print it out for them to submit to Council.


2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for the grant Jo. I know what that is like, having written off for many of them. It would be great to get that kitchen done just like your own kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, though I have my doubts we can achieve it considering the total lack of response to the lifting of restrictions. I am expecting an announcement of a Market on three days notice without preparations of a Covid Safe plan.

    ReplyDelete