Monday, May 11, 2020

Long break - sorry. I have just got back after a big day out and eaten my dinner (a takeaway baked lamb dinner from one of the local eateries). Poppet is no longer entire (phew, perhaps the house can stop smelling like a litter tray every time she comes in season), has a microchip and is currently stalking around in the ceiling space (apparently introducing her to new people is not acceptable). She has bounced back from the operation so I am pretty sure she is safe up there unless she starts hurling herself after flying birds.

I have also sampled crepes from the Pancake and Crepe shop. It's a good idea, you get a pair of crepes which you zap for one minute before arranging to receiving the filling. The filling is cooked for 2 minutes and there is a generous side salad to arrange alongside. The sauce lets it down and I think he uses cornflour and it does not travel well. But a garlic prawn crepe and a chicken and mushroom one last night. Tonight's baked lamb was surprisingly succulent for all it was well done.

Filling in 8 hours while socially isolated can be tedious, so I just took extra care to remain a couple of aisles away from people when I went to Harris Scarfe and touched nothing till I found the cotton sateen sheets I wanted. I also wanted a cast iron casserole dish, but they had sold out. My kitchen knives spent that time with the nice Italian man, so they are now razor sharp once more. Then off to KMart to see if they had cast iron casseroles (no) but I found a pressure cooker/come slow cooker for sale which was only $59.00, so that came home with me. I accidently blew out the bottom of the last pressure cooker (not literally, but it developed an alarming dome on the base), so have been denied the joys of porcupines for some time. And with that in mind I had the butcher sell me a kilo of mince and a kilo of topside (all in one lump at present). So no prizes for guessing what I will be doing tomorrow.

Grabbed some lunch from a takeaway the parked down by the river at Bridgewater in an empty park. I did get a bit of a start when the police cruised past twice but I smiled nicely and they kept going.

Then off to collect the patient who was surprisingly perky for all that she had spent the day in the company of a room full of total strangers. She was pleased to get home, and has now polished off two dinners to compensate for the one she didn't get this morning. I have also been given a few devoted snuggles and now she has gone off to explore. Early night tonight as I was up late last night and early this morning.


1 comment:

  1. It is a weird experience, hanging around and not being able to do the things we usually do. DH and I ventured out to get our haircuts done, and had to wait an hour. No coffee shops! EEK. However we are now shorn and tidy again. I am glad Poppet has survived. It is funny how they let you know that you have behaved in an unacceptable manner. Don't go to a cat for quick forgiveness!

    ReplyDelete